ICRIER Agricultural Team is looking for about 10 committed researchers, who have passion to work, capacity to persevere, and are in pursuit for excellence in Agricultural Policy issues on the following topics:
1. Making Agriculture globally competitive through higher productivity, profitability and sustainability.
2. Modernisation of Agricultural Markets: Spot, Forward, and Futures Markets with a view to benefit farmers in terms of discovering the best prices for their produce.
3. Issues related to land, water and financial inclusion in agriculture value chains with a view to help the smallholders benefit from better use of land through aggregation or leasing in and leasing out, more efficient use of limited and scarce water resources, and participating in value chains of high value products.
4. Role of Agricultural extension in helping farmers raise productivity, adopt sustainable farm practices, reducing risk, and discovering best prices for their produce in Indian Agriculture.
5. Looking at trade and domestic agri-policies with a view to evaluate whether they are helping Indian agriculture and farmers achieve higher growth and income, with efficiency and sustainability.
PhD in Agriculture Economics from a reputed Indian or foreign university or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of teaching or research experience in key issues related to Indian agri-food sector, with a strong publications record.
Masters/M.Phil degree in Economics from a reputed Indian or foreign university preferably having some experience in the relevant field.
Those interested in any of the positions, may send their detailed CV to Rahul Arora at email@example.com, giving names of two references with whom you have worked or have been taught.