ICRIER Invites Applications for the position of Research Associate
Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER) is looking to hire a full-time Research Associate to be part of Agriculture Policy, Sustainability and Innovation (APSI). APSI Programme at ICRIER is a premier policy research centre in the field of agriculture economics in India. The programme is led by Dr Ashok Gulati, Distinguished Professor and has four major thrust areas: (i) Agriculture Growth, Poverty Reduction and Farmers Income; (ii) Food and Nutritional Security; (iii) Markets, Trade and Value Chains; (iv) Sustainability, Productivity, Profitability, and Innovations in Agriculture.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidate should be MA/M.Phil. in Economics from a reputed Indian or Foreign University and scholars from final stage of Thesis may also apply
- Made contribution to research/teaching/extension education in the field of agriculture policy/economics by published work/innovations and impact.
- Candidate should have around 3-4 years job experience in a reputable research institute.
Role: : Work collaboratively with Distinguished Professor, Senior Research Fellow, Research Fellow and Research Associate to develop economic policy analysis, program evaluation and research studies to deliver against tight timelines..
- Time series primary and secondary data collection (10-15 years), compilation and analysis
- Providing inputs required for preparation of reports, publications, opinion pieces, policy briefs, presentations etc.
- Maintaining the highest of professional standards for data collection and record keeping.
- Keeping up to date with developments in agriculture and land use sector related polices (global as well as India) and budget allocations, as well as environmental issues and changes in legislation that may impact on project work;
- Conducting primary research in different states of India;
- Contributing to various planned events regarding dissemination of results e.g. stakeholders’ workshops, conference, round-table, focused group discussions etc.;
- Implementation of specific activities as assigned from time to time in the course of discharge of duties
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English with excellent communication skills, and working knowledge of computer applications are essential.
- Familiarity with statistical software like Microsoft Word Excel, STATA, SPSS etc.
- Clear commitment to the work and values of ICRIER, self-motivation and unquestionable integrity.
Please insert position Job ID – RA 020-02-2023 and send your applications with subject as “Application for the post of” Research Associate” to Shabnam Parveen (firstname.lastname@example.org) and also requested to apply using the application link – click here to apply
- Curriculum Vitae along with a cover letter
- Contact details of 2 referees
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Last Date for application: March 20, 2023.