ICRIER Invites Applications for the position of Senior Fellow
Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER) is looking to hire a full-time Senior Fellow to be part of its Climate Change Urbanization and Sustainability (CCUS) division. ICRIER is a premier policy research think-tank working in the field of energy, environment and climate change. Specifically, the CCUS division works on six major thrust areas:
- Sustainable Battery Supply Chains;
- Carbon Pricing;
- Critical Raw Minerals;
- Green Jobs;
- Industrial Decarbonisation;
- Adaptation, Resilience and Disaster Management.
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidate should have Ph.D. in Economics, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management or Engineering from a reputed Indian or Foreign University
- S/He should have a rich policy research experience in the field of energy/environment/climate change, demonstrated through excellent publication record and other outreach mediums
- S/He should have at least 10-12 years of job experience in a reputable research institute.
- S/He must have extensive project and team management experience
- S/He would be preferred if they have widespread networks within the policy, industry and academic circles.
Role: To work collaboratively with the Thematic Lead and the rest of the CCUS team on pertinent research studies seeking to answer vital policy questions. Some of the other key requirements are as follows:
- Ability to carry out primary and secondary data collection and assessment (qualitative as well as quantitative) and empirical economic analysis
- Excellent research skills demonstrated in high-quality research reports, publications, presentations, opinion pieces, policy briefs, etc.
- Experience delivering 4-5 research projects from end to end (i.e. proposal writing to final output submission) and research team leadership. Preference would be given to candidates who have led government-supported projects on energy, environment and climate change-related themes.
- Experience in conducting primary research in different states of India, interacting with government and non-government sectors;
- Ability to identify policy gaps, generate ideas and identify potential funding sources.
- Proposal writing skills leading to projects for the team.
- Review reports/policy briefs/working papers and make suggestions to ensure quality.
- Capable of leadership, mentoring and providing research-related feedback to junior team members.
- Experience in presenting research results at national and international conferences and seminars.
- Experience in organising events for dissemination of results, e.g. stakeholders’ workshops, conferences, round-tables, focused group discussions, etc.;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English with excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and statistical software like Microsoft Word, MS Excel, STATA, R, Python, GAMS, GTAP, GEMPACK etc.
- Clear commitment to the work and values of ICRIER, self-motivated with unquestionable research integrity.
Please insert position Job ID – ICRIER/CCUS – SF/ 03-2023 and send your applications with subject “Application for the post of Senior Fellow” to Rahul Sharma (email@example.com). Kindly apply only if you meet the qualifications listed.
- Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter explaining the candidate’s suitability for the post.
- Contact details of 2 referees
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Last Date for application: 15th Oct. 2023