The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is among the key global Internet governance institutions responsible for the co-ordination and management of the domain name system (DNS). This programme is designed to enable meaningful and sustained engagement of Indian stakeholders with ICANN. ICRIER has been providing research support for India’s representation in the Governmental Advisory Committee of ICANN, and in facilitating greater multistakeholder engagement on ICANN related issues. As a part of this programme, ICRIER has been regularly hosting pre-meeting briefings and readouts before and after each ICANN meeting to facilitate stakeholder interaction in India. The programme also includes writing of research papers on various topics related to internet governance including domain names, data sovereignty and building an inclusive, multilingual internet.
- Gangesh Varma and Isha Suri | Role of Governments at ICANN | ICRIER, July 2022.
- Isha Suri | Strategies for Protection of Geographic Names including Geographical Indications in the Domain Names System | ICRIER, June 2022.
- Abhishek Raj and Isha Suri | Understanding Root Server System Working, History, and Governance of Root Server System | ICRIER, May 2022.
- Oona R. Singh and Isha Suri | The Impact of Data Sovereignty on Internet Governance | ICRIER, May 2022.
- Ujjwal Krishna | Bolstering Internationalised Domain Name Uptake in India | ICRIER, May 2021.