During India’s G20 presidency, ICRIER is supporting the Department of Telecommunications for its work related to Digital Economy Working Group (DEWG). The priority themes identified for the Working Group are: –
- Public Digital Platforms
- Cyber Security in the Digital Economy
- Digital Skilling
ICRIER will help the DoT develop the agenda on the specific focus areas of: –
- Connecting the Unconnected: To develop strategy and implementation framework for universal and meaningful digital connectivity including last-mile connectivity
- High Speed Mobile Broadband and its impact on Human lives and Industries: To leverage opportunities and mitigate challenges of high-speed mobile broadband on human lives and industries.
- Livelihood Opportunities in the Digital Economy: To develop strategy and implementation framework for scalable initiatives to foster and sustain livelihood opportunities facilitated by and within the digital economy
ICRIER will also be: –
- Creating the Annexure for DEWG declaration on universal connectivity: Identify challenges, opportunities and map best practices on the areas and subjects relevant to DEWG work on meaningful universal connectivity and conduct stakeholder round tables to collect inputs from diverse range of stakeholders
- Organising G20 side events on
- universal connectivity,
- impact of high-speed broadband on human lives and industries,
- sustainable and green telecom:
ICRIER will assist in organising these three side events, prepare concept notes, and conduct stakeholder mapping to emphasize relevant domain experts.