Objective. The objective of the program is to provide analytical support to India’s G20 Presidency. The focus is on delivering research inputs, policy support and networking events with a view to help the authorities make informed decisions on their G20 priorities. The finding and discussions emanating from the research studies and outreach activities are expected to help the Government of India to lay out a roadmap for its 2023 presidency.
Scope and deliverables. The program involves producing six- high-quality research papers, ten policy briefs, an edited volume, five opinion pieces, three stakeholder’s consultations and ten webinars, all involving core transnational issues that are important to G20. ICRIER, in partnership with the ADBI, as well as with the IMF and KAS, will also organise annual international conferences to provide a platform for engaging eminent researchers, academicians and policymakers comprehensively on topics relevant to the G20 summit.
Activities. Some of the key activities implemented during Dec 2021 to March 2022 include:
- Organisation of webinar titled, “Is India’s Approach to Global Economic Engagements Changing?” on 17th December, 2021 at 16.00 – 17.30 Hrs (IST)
Webinar on “Is India’s Approach to Global Economic Engagements Changing?”
The discussion featured a panel comprising of V. Srinivas, Special Secretary, Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances, Government of India, Chandra Bhushan, President & CEO of the International Forum for Environment, Sustainability and Technology (iFOREST) and Sachin Chaturvedi, Director General at the Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS). The discussion was moderated by Puja Mehra, who is a New Delhi-based Journalist. Deepak Mishra, ICRIER Director, and Peter Morgan, Senior Consulting Economist and Advisor to the Dean, ADBI, provided the opening and closing remarks respectively.
- Inception of five studies: Three Working Papers (WPs) and two Policy Briefs (PBs):
- WP-1: Understanding India’s Creative Economy: Measurement and Analysis
- WP-2: E-commerce for Inclusive Development: Adoption, Constraints and Regulations across the G20 Countries
- WP-3: State of G20 Economies
- PB-1: Financing Climate Targets: A Study of Select G20 Countries
PB-2: The Emerging Era of Digital Identities: Challenges and Opportunities for the G20